Among the many kinds of eye liners available in the market, I find the gel ones more favorable and forgiving. Here are a few reasons why:
- lasts longer than other types of liners
- application is more controlled (thick/thin lines may be achieved depending on the brush used)
- usually comes in matte form (don’t you just hate how most liquid liners register on photographs?)
- can be smudged (as long as it isn’t dry yet) to achieve smoky eyes
When my old pot of gel liner dried up, I knew I needed to find a replacement. There I found Essence Gel Eyeliner! But before buying a pot, I swatched it first and it lasted all day without budging. I skipped with the brush that is sold separately since I have a few brushes at home that could do the same job. Now let me share you my two cents on Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight in Paris.
Midnight in Paris, as described by the product, is a high precision gel eyeliner that is WATERPROOF. I was completely sold by it, being waterproof already. It contains 3ml of product, held in a clear glass pot. A lot of people compare it to MAC’s fluidline, but I haven’t tried one yet so I can’t really vouch for that.
The product is very creamy and pigmented. It is very easy to apply due to it’s consistency and it is also quick drying. I have this pot for a month already and it still hasn’t dried up. I still have to update you on how long before this product dries up, but from the looks of it, I think it will take a little longer before it happens.
I have very oily lids and so far, this doesn’t smudge or smear. It lasts me all day and it only gets off with makeup remover. Blessing or a curse? You girls be the judge.
PRICE: P229 (Around $5.00)
AVAILABILITY: SM Department Stores (Cubao, MOA, Megamall)
I took this product to a road test and checked if it is really waterproof. So you got four funny lines in there.
Here’s how it went after running water on it
I tried wiping it and it created a little smudge on the last line but that was because I ran water on it while it was a bit wet so I wouldn’t count it as a smudge issue.
Now I tried rubbing it with soap and surprisingly it didn’t came off completely. Although it faded a little. I had to wipe it with a cream based makeup remover before I could take off all the product left.
- Not easily available. I wish Essence invade all Department Stores here in the Philippines now. So far, the Malls I know that hold a counter of this Brand is from SM Megamall, Cubao and MOA.
- Doesn’t come with a free brush like other drugstore eyeliner brands.
- Long Lasting. It stays put all day without fading and creasing. The longest time that I used this was for 12 hours already.
- Very cheap.
- Great for occasions which require a lot of waterworks since it’s tear resistant.
- Highly pigmented and very creamy.
- Dries fast.
- Contains more product compared to other liners of the same price.
I would definitely repurchase this! I give this a 4.5/5!