One thing I am very insecure about myself would be my humongous pores. I kept searching and trying for products that I could add to my skincare routine to help minimize them. When I found out that Snoe has a beauty bar that caters to my skin issue, I immediately grabbed one at their Trinoma counter to try it out.
With the packaging alone, this product already won me over. But I had to patiently test this, to see if it really works. Hence, I used this alone for a month (twice daily – religously), without accompanying any product from my skincare routine to see unbiased results.
According to Snoe, Awesome Poresome Beauty Bar dissolves excess oil, dirt and impurities. It will lift away dead skin cells, leaving skin clean, nourished, and fresh. Use it daily to help eliminate blemishes, prevent new breakouts, and maximize penetration of powerful pore minimizing ingredients of other Awesome Poresome products.
- Weight: 150 grams
- Price: P199.00 (Around $5.00)
- Availability: Snoe has a lot of branches sprawling around the metro already. I bought mine from their counter at Landmark Trinoma. Here’s a list of Snoe’s other branches from Facebook.
Awesome Poresome beauty bar contains Calamansi Puree, Cucumber Extract, Pineapple Extract and Witch Hazel.
- Calamansi is rich in Vitamin C and is a natural bleaching agent which helps lighten blemishes.
- Cucumber, as we commonly know, is a good hydrating agent. You might notice that a lot of facial masks includes cucumber extract as it’s main ingredient. This is so, because cucumber also helps in tightening skin – something that would contribute with minimizing pores I think?
- Pineapple Extract, like what the packaging explains, contain AHA, which improves skin elasticity. It also keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Witch Hazel is one ingredient I keep looking for when it comes to skin care. The main ingredient in the toner I regularly use is also Witch Hazel. This convinced me to try this product more. Witch Hazel is used in many astringents and is a strong anti-oxidant. It is useful in treating a lot of skin ailments such as psoriasis and eczema. It is very useful in reducing swelling and soothing wounds.
One good thing that is a plus for me is that Snoe is proudly Filipino made. On the side of the packaging you would see a “Tatak Pinoy Seal” as I like to call it. And the manufacturing date and Expiry Date is also written on the side.
WHAT THE GEEK THINKS:
My face was in it’s worst shape before I used Snoe’s Awesome Poresome. I had breakouts all over which was challenging for this product to deliver. On top of that, my pores were also so huge, it looked like I was seeing them on macro lens all the time. Using the soap on the first day, I already felt the difference, my skin felt tight after using it and, I didn’t get oily when I wake up in the morning. Although when I take photographs for documenting, I couldn’t see much of the difference yet on my pores – thanks for Macro settings on my camera, I felt like being slapped in the face for the harsh truth that my pores are really HUGE! You have to lather it on wet skin and leave it for 2 minutes. A little pricking on the face would be felt initially but it is normal. It goes to show that the product is taking effect.
Upon rinsing, you feel like your face is squeaky clean. After using it for a week, I noticed that my pores were still around, but it got smaller. Aside from that, my blemishes lightened too. You would also notice that it also lessened the inflammation on my face. The photos below show how it progressed and how it fared well on me. I divided the soap into small bars and I even gave a few ones to my friends for them to try. One slice from this soap would last you for 5 weeks. It would last you a year before you finish the whole bar. It is common knowledge that we can’t make our pores disappear but products like this would help minimize them. You have to take into consideration that I didn’t use other skin care product (no toners, no moisturizers etc.) when I used this for a month. Right now, I still use this, but this time, I accompany it with my toner from Dickinson’s and moisturizer from Celeteque and they all go well combined, plus they speed up in making my face healthier. I am thinking of using the whole set from the line of Awesome Poresome if my budget permits already.
- It gets prickly when you leave it to dry in your face after lathering.
- Other than that, I couldn’t really think of any.
- Really EFFECTIVE! It worked really well and lived up to how it is advertised.
- Aside from being effective in minimizing pores, it also lightened the marks caused by my breakouts.
- Cheap! It only costs P199 and it would last you for over a year.
- The soap doesn’t melt – therefore, there is not much wasting!
- Easily available. Snoe has many stores and kiosks around the metro and it is also available online.
- It does not have a strong scent.
THE VERDICT: I give it a 4.5/5! I already recommended this bar to a lot of my friends who go through the same skin issue as mine before I even finished writing and documenting this review. Indeed it is effective. Need I say more?